Hi All,

We've all been busy testing out 2.8.0-rc1 and uncovered a few more
bugs, build problems and warnings that our now fixed - testing really
is paying dividends ;-)

Things have settled down on the issues reporting and fixes, I'm a
happy bunny, so have tagged rc2.  You can find download details on the
download page:

   http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads

Which basically says...

Stable Release 2.8.0, release candidate 2, released 6th February 2009.
Further information... ¶

Please test this release candidate, and report success/failure to the
osg-users mailing list.
Source Code: ¶

    source package : OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0-rc2.zip
    svn tag: svn co
http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0-rc2
OpenSceneGraph

Please test, test test ;-)

In particular I'd like to hear from users on the lesser used platforms -

  OSX
  IRIX
  Solaris
  HP-Ux
  AIX

We have builds under FreeBSD, Windows and Linux being logged our CDash
page, and lots of traffic on the list about Windows and Linux so I
guess we are probably standing pretty good on these platforms.

Many thanks in advance for your time and patience on testing,