HI Paul,

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Paul Melis
<osg-us...@assumetheposition.nl> wrote:
> Okay, I added ref_ptr<>'s and now indeed the crash doesn't seem to occur
> anymore.

Got the the segfault as well, it's due to the use of a C pointer for
the Viewer, that means it doesn't get cleaned up when the main
function goes out of scope, so that the cleanup is broken.  A
ref_ptr<> on just the viewer it'll work fine.

> However, the empty line bug remains. The behaviour described isn't some
> sort of feature is it?

It does look a bit odd, if having just two \n\n generates the same
spacing as \n\n\n, but adding another \n to give us four then it looks
like we get two blank lines.  Six \n just looks to give as the same
result as five.  This suggest that the character parsing is skipping
over \n's a bit too readily.  I haven't yet dug into osgText to see
exactly what is going on, it'd be nice to resolve this before 2.8.0
but I'd suggest isn't significant enough to hold back the release
though.  I don't have any other reported bugs on my todo list
though... so while waiting I can look into it.

Are you looking it yourself?  I'll happily get on with other tasks if
it's already been chased up.