Hi Cory,

I don't think anybody has questioned the design of OSG.

Yes, Neil has said that perhaps we should consider "restructuring" to avoid the false positives. This comes down to changing the design.

I also agree with you that making code concessions to accommodate tools
is unfortunate, but it happens all the time.

Yes, the coding changes to accomodate tools. But the design will stay the same. It's the implementation that changes. That's what I was talking about.

On the other hand, I'd like to know if code that explicitly unloads
OSG would ever be accepted into the repository. I'm getting the sense
that it would be if it were sufficiently transparent, simple and
inexpensive.

Yes, Robert said in this thread that he would accept something that unloads/unrefs all singletons / static objects, but it might be hard to get to all singletons since some exist in the implementation files only.

(btw, has anyone compiled valgrind for Windows?)
valgrind is Linux only.

I suspect it's not Linux-specific, but more gcc/g++ specific, and so might be buildable on cygwin or mingw? If it is, then it might be usable for Windows executables...

J-S