Hi all, I am new to this list but was inspired to join the mailing list
following your landmark release of 2.8.0 Congratulations to all
involved. I run Debian Sid on a homebrew AMD Linux box and my primary
interest in OSG is in its use with FlightGear.

While I have been building OSG from way back, I have noticed a couple of
unresolved dependancies with respect to xulrunner. Namely that OSG has a
dependacy on xulrunner<=1.8.9, while the current version is 1.9

Also, I find a dependancy on xulrunner-js which does not exist on my
system. OSG will build OK, but I wonder if I am losing out by not having
these dependencies resolved. Any help would be gratefully recieved.
Enclosed below you will find the output from the configure script, where
I have starred(********) the relevant lines.

Kind regards,

Alasdair

dominatrix:~/src/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0>./configure
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.3
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.3 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.3
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.3 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so - found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Found CURL: /usr/lib/libcurl.so
-- checking for module 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9'
--   package 'xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9' not found         *********** I have the
current version 1.9
-- checking for module 'xulrunner-js'
--   package 'xulrunner-js' not found
*********** ??
-- checking for module 'xulrunner-nspr'
--   found xulrunner-nspr, version 4.7.1
-- checking for module 'xulrunner-nss'
--   found xulrunner-nss, version 3.12.2.with.ckbi.1.73
-- checking for module 'gtk+-2.0'
--   found gtk+-2.0, version 2.12.11
-- checking for module 'gtkglext-x11-1.0'
--   found gtkglext-x11-1.0, version 1.2.0
-- checking for module 'librsvg-2.0'
--   found librsvg-2.0, version 2.22.2
-- checking for module 'cairo'
--   found cairo, version 1.6.4
-- checking for module 'poppler-glib'
--   found poppler-glib, version 0.8.7
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so
-- Found PNG: /usr/lib/libpng.so
-- Found TIFF: /usr/lib/libtiff.so
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS - Success
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_MIPOSPRO_BUILTINS
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_MIPOSPRO_BUILTINS - Failed
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_SUN
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_SUN - Failed
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_WIN32_INTERLOCKED
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_WIN32_INTERLOCKED - Failed
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC - Failed
-- Looking for pthread_yield
-- Looking for pthread_yield - found
-- Looking for pthread_setconcurrency
-- Looking for pthread_setconcurrency - found
-- Looking for pthread_getconcurrency
-- Looking for pthread_getconcurrency - found
-- Looking for pthread_setaffinity_np
-- Looking for pthread_setaffinity_np - found
-- checking for module 'xrandr'
--   found xrandr, version 1.2.3

The build system is configured to instal libraries to /usr/local/lib
Your applications may not be able to find your installed libraries unless you:
    set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (user specific) or
    update your ld.so configuration (system wide)
You have an ld.so.conf.d directory on your system, so if you wish to ensure that
applications find the installed osg libraries, system wide, you could install a
openscenegraph specific ld.so configuration with:
    sudo make install_ld_conf

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/alasdair/src/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0
dominatrix:~/src/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0>