Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> Hi Cory,
>
>> 2. I untarred with cygwin's tar. Perhaps that does something funky
>> with the permissions?
>
> Perhaps... Can you try with another tool? For example 7-zip, which is
> F/OSS.

Wow- when I untar with 7-zip I get different results than when I untar
with cygwin (the file permissions are different). Cygwin gives me exe
files with the execute bit set, but none of the dlls have that bit set.
7-zip just gives everyone full control. After searching through the
7-zip forums, it seems that it doesn't support maintaining ACL's.

Just out of curiousity, what tool was used to create the tarballs?

Cory