Using a Release DLL in Debug mode is a ODR violation. So the short
answer is no, you can't.

The fact that OSG uses the STL (e.g. std::string) in its interface,
combined with MSVC debug and checked iterators, makes mixing debug and
release binaries resulting in undefined behaviour. Sometimes, it may
appear to work. But don't be fooled, it's often more broken than what it
appears to be.

In some very specific cases, it's possible to mix release and debug
builds.

My advice: don't.