Hi Robert,

On 3/3/09 7:51 PM, Robert Osfield wrote:
The print out of the FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIRS and FFMPEG_LIBRARIES is a bit
misleading, as
it is actually composed on separate strings like CMake picks up on correctly
when

Thanks for that!  (Cmake is still a bit of a black box to me.)

cd src/osgPlugins/ffmpeg ; make VERBOSE=1

What errors do you see some errors in the compilation?   What version of the
ffmpeg are
you using?

ffmpeg version is a bit hard to say, DarwinPorts pulls SVN revision 15261...

I'm getting this error:
/usr/bin/c++ -DOSG_DEBUG_POSTFIX=d -Dosgdb_ffmpeg_EXPORTS -Wall -Wparentheses -Wuninitialized -Wno-long-long -Wno-import -pedantic -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-braces -Wunknown-pragmas -Wunused -fpermissive -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -ftree-vectorize -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
-I/Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/build/include
-I/Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/include
-I/opt/local/include
-I/opt/local/include/dirac
-I/opt/local/include/dirac/libavformat
-I/opt/local/include/dirac/libavdevice
-I/opt/local/include/dirac/libavcodec
-I/opt/local/include/libavcodec
-o CMakeFiles/osgdb_ffmpeg.dir/FFmpegClocks.cpp.o
-c /Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/ffmpeg/FFmpegClocks.cpp
In file included from /Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/ffmpeg/FFmpegClocks.hpp:10, from /Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/ffmpeg/FFmpegClocks.cpp:2: /Users/uli/Projects/osg/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/ffmpeg/FFmpegHeaders.hpp:11:22: error: avformat.h: No such file or directory
/opt/local/include/libavutil/mathematics.h:49: warning: comma at end of
enumerator list

So it's not finding "avformat.h".  DarwinPorts puts 'avformat.h' in
/opt/local/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h
/opt/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h

(ffmpeg/avformat.h is a symlink to ../libavformat/avformat.h)

Since "pkg-config --cflags libavformat" is returning
-I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/dirac

it appears that the required #include (in FFmpegHeaders.hpp) would be:
#include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>

rather than what it is now:
#include <avformat.h>

Can we change that without breaking compiles on other systems?

There are follow-up errors that I'm currently looking at.

Cheers,
/ulrich