Glad to see that this manipulator generates interest.
Concerning the name, the manipulator is designed as explained in the header
:

"""
 The camera control is done via keyboard arrows concerning the position and
via mouse draging concerning the orientation.
There are two modes : the horizontal and the free. In the free one the
translation direction is exactly aligned with the view direction and thus
can span the whole set of direction. In the other, the moving direction is
constrained to remain horizontal. Note : horizontal mode is not implemented
yet!!
"""
Taking into account what you said, Sukender, we should call it
FirstPesonManipulator and call the two modes GENERAL and DOOMLIKE.
What do you think about this?

Loïc Simon