From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:31 AM
To: 'OpenSceneGraph Users'
Subject: Re: [osg-users] OpenGL 3.1 at GDC

> YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))
>
> but robert, thanks for your arguments! i will use them there. ;)
>
> best regards to all and other arguments are welcome too!

I agree with Robert's sentiment. In many ways, D3D has chosen the easy way
out -- supporting only one platform, and screwing the existing user base
with each new release. This is the easy way to develop an API. Running cross
platform, continuing to evolve and remain relevant, and not screwing
existing users is a much harder task, but OpenGL has a proven track record
of success in all these areas.