Hi, Folks,

    If I create a flt file that uses compressed .dds files as textures,
and then convert the flt file to ive format with the option
"-O noTexturesInIVEFile", do I still get compressed texture when loading
the ive file? Reading through the source code, it seems to indicate that
the internal texture format is preserved by the dds loader as compressed
texture, and passed on to the osg core. So I assume it works.

    I have thought of converting the flt files that uses compressed
textures to ive files with built-in texture and with one of the compressed
texture options. But in my set up I use multiple flt files that share
textures, and I'm not sure if with built-in textures in ive files, I will
have multiple instances of the same texture loaded into memory, so instead
of one uncompressed texture in memory, I may end up with 20 compressed
texture of identical content in memory. Is this what's going to happen
with ive files with built-in textures?

    Thanks,

    Yefei