I'm guessing that I have about 10,000 vertices or a little more.  I stopped the
app after 4500 had been displayed and the line was 1/2 drawn.  Thx for the
note, too, on dirtyBound().  I didn't really know what it did or what it meant
so I threw in a comment for myself as a reminder that it did what I needed.

Do I need the call to dirtyDisplayList() too, you think?

Brian R Hill wrote:
> Allen,
>
> Your code has the following line:
>
> m_ogeomTrailGeometry->dirtyBound();  // forces redraw
>
> dirtyBound does not force a redraw. It simply recalculates the bounding
> volume for the geometry. The problem you were having before was that the
> geometry was being clipped because the bounding volume was incorrect.
>
> Your performance issues can be due to a number of things.
>
> How many verts do you have?
>
> Brian

Allen