Hi list,

@Sergey Kurdakov:
> sorry but it is really not clear why LGPL prohibits you to

The LGPL itself does not prohibits me to use the GPL, in fact, it
explicitly permits it.

However, the page
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Legal, probably
written by Robert( it's down now, so I can't verify ), forbids
releasing under *any* other license. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure
that it could be claimed that the LGPL text refered only to itself and
not the OSGPL, and I'm not sure Robert will be too happy with people
taking OSG code and GPL'ing it.

> So why should OSG derived code be GPL ed?
Because I want to reduce the overhead of maintaining the code. I
already have the GPLv3 for code, Creative Commons for the media, the
SIL font license for fonts, and probably something else will pop it's
head. I don't want to have multiple licenses for the same kind of
data.

@Xenon:
> What exactly, is your goal in putting it under the GPL? The OSGPL is
> designed so that OSG can be used equally with F/OSS and closed-source
> projects. Your change would reduce that flexibility, so the question is --
> why is this a goal of yours?

Even though my reason to GPL the code is to lower the effort required,
I do want to clear that it is not my desire that my program is used in
closed-source projects unless I'm asked for permission.

Unlike OSG, my program is not meant to be used as a library( right now
the goal is make a game, though it might be split into an engine and
game logic in the future ).

Including OSGPL'ed code won't allow my program to be used in
closed-source projects, since the rest of the code is under the GPLv3.

- Coz