On 19/05/2009, at 12:44 AM, Jan Ciger wrote:
The caveat with using quad-buffered mode is that Apple's machines don't include any means of signalling the shutter glasses or stereo goggles,
so you're back to using something like the Stereographics blue-line
detector box to perform the signal extraction.

It doesn't work through the VGA pin 13 DDC signal? That is what NVIDIA
used to use on consumer cards before and it is an option on Quadros too.

No, and although it wouldn't be too hard to drive the DDC signal manually on a Mac (I believe this can be done through IOKit entirely from userland API) getting it to sync correctly to the page-flip is more challenging.

My solution is clumsy but workable, which is two use the Stereographics Stereoenabler (http://reald-corporate.com/scientific/stereoenabler.asp ) and then take the vesa 3-pin stereo signal (http://www.stereoscopic.org/2001/standards.html ) and re-inject it into the VGA cable on pine 13 (the so-called "ELSA revelator" mode) via a custom-made adapter. This works well with the eMagin z800, which is still one of the best value 3D headsets out there.

Regards,
Phil.