From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Riccardo
Corsi
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:00 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Problem with drawInstanced

Hi again,

and thanks both for your replies.
It's actually a fill-rate problem, as reducing the window size I get a
strong 60Hz. With the latest nVidia driver I obtain slightly better result
by the way.

What I still don't get exactly is: why the draw time is stuck at 15/16ms
even when the GPU time is very short (about 3ms), and there's no fill rate
problem?

 From what you explained Robert, I agree that the draw thread is somehow
stuck waiting for the GPU, when it doesn't scale with the fill rate.
But I'd expect the draw time to decrease when the GPU performs well.

Also, I've noticed that the draw time increases with the number of instances
that I send to OpenGL. Is this another parameter to take into account?

Thanks,
Ricky