Forgive my laziness - are there any utility classes within OSG that
let the camera go on a smooth ride to a specific location and eyepoint
vector from the current location?   I mean smooth in the sense of the
camera accelerating and braking, instead of making a simple constant
linear movement and rotation.

If there is no ready made solution for camera paths - how difficult
would it be to dynamically create a key frame animation for the camera
for abitrary start and stop locations?

Ideally I'd like the user to be able to quickly observe some points of
interests within in my 3D simulation, without instantaneously zapping
the camera to the new position. There should be some kind of "whoosh"
effect where the camera travels from the current location to the
destination quickly, within about second.   This may have the
advantage that the user will be able to maintain a sense of
orientation in space which would be lost by switching to the
destination camera position instantly.

Christian