Hi Paul,

You don't have to be on this list very long to see the same question pop up
multiple times. I'm guilty of it myself. :-)

Sure, but I prefer to remind people that the archives exist, while at the same time giving answers to their questions, rather than "let it slide". I figure it's more polite than just saying "go search the archives" (in my best old geezer voice, eh Gordon ;-) ), but at the same time, next time they have a question they might do a quick search first.

Plus the people who just use the forum might search that, not knowing that not all the mailing list history was imported. It's better to search the mailing list archives directly.

Hope that clears up my motives...

J-S