* Robert Osfield -- Monday 01 June 2009:
> Clearly it's not [now] badly broken so we'll have to find another route.
> I do some investigation at my end.

Here's how to deal with it (once SVN is up again :-):

  $ svn diff -r10268:10269|patch -p0 -R

Now the question is: what's up with russian keyboards? Are we really to
assume that X can't handle them, unlike any other layout? We were using
XLookupString(), and that should do the right thing for any keyboard, no?
Could Maxim's problem stem from a local misconfiguration at his machine?
Any other Russian users out there who could shed a light on the issue?

Maybe GraphicsWindowX11cpp should only change it's former (right)
behaviour if a key returns 0, as it was in Maxim's case? (0 is a
valid value, though. You get it with Ctrl-Space.)