From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 12:50 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Problems using setResizeNonPowerOfTwoHint(false);

Hi Gordon,

I've just tracked down the original posts from Mark and have looked at his
sample and suggested fix.  The fix hasn't been merged, nor a variation on it.
I vaguely remember the thread, but not any resolution, it might be that I was
swept away by other work so didn't chase it up.

I've just tried to reproduce the problem using the Sample.cpp but unfortunately
I can't reproduce the problem on my ATI based system as it does have full
support for non power of two with mipmapping.  I've followed the logic of the
related generate mipmap code and can see how it would fail, and why Mark's
suggest should address this failure.

The failure looks to have been due to introduction of more "advanced"
mipmap generation support, which probably worked in some usage combinations but
not all.

I have taken the essence of Mark's fixed and applied to Texture2D.cpp, could
you test this as I can't reproduce the problem to know whether it's been fixed
or not.

Robert.