Hi Brent,

I'm not a OSX users, but do occasionally compile up on OSX machines
(mostly remote login) and always use cmake and Makefiles so can't
comment too specifically on XCode projects as I never use these.  You
can generate XCode projects from CMake, but haven't tried this, the
Cmake generated XCode projects are the future, the old hand maintained
XCode projects are officially deprecated.  Stephan Huber currently
maintains the old XCode projects and keeps them roughly in sync.

One thing I am aware of is that XCode isn't forwards/backwards
compatible w.r.t it's own project file format, so if you aren't using
the same version that Stephan is using then there is good chance that
you'll see problems.   Perhaps Stephan will spot this thread and fill
in more details.

W.r.t. Cocoa, in OSG svn/trunk version there is support for Cocoa
windowing, this isn't available in OSG-2.8.x.

W.r.t IPhone, you aren't the first person to show interest in this.
The may chunk of the work in this will be OpenGL ES 1.x support, and
there has been some preliminary test ports done to OpenGL ES 1.x so it
should certainly be doable to do an IPhone port of the OSG.

Personally I'd recommend learning a bit about CMake, it's a great tool
for generate project files, and keep the door open to porting to other
platforms, as well as handling optional compile components, something
that hand maintained XCode project simple can't do.

Robert.