Hi Christopher,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Christopher Wang<cwang7...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Sorry, its the binaries from this page.
> http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads
> I thought these are for cygwin - •i386 Linux packages built under Ubuntu
> 9.04, note, these are just simple tar.gz, which will need to be installed by
> hand, rather than debian .deb files.
> and these are for windows - •Windows Visual Studio 9 packages

The i386 Linux packages are for linux, not cygwin. Have a look at

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Community/PackageMaintainers

for a list of package maintainers on different platforms. Noone has
listed to build cygwin packages yet so for cygwin you will need to
build it yourself. Building is generally an easy task and you will get
plenty of example code to study.

cheers
Mattias