Hi Vincent

Well, i haven't understood your scene graph right. Let's me draw your scene
graphs

(1)
                    Group == type of osgFX::xxx
      ___________|____________
      |             |            |              |
Group1    Group2    Group3    Group4

(2)
                                                              Group
      __________________________________|____________
|              |
Group1    == type of osgFX::xxx      Group2    Group3    Group4

But if i am right understood your email you appended the osgFX effect not as
group, instead you appended it
as parent node, right?

(x)                    Group
Group1    Group2    Group3    Group4       osgFX ???

if i am wrong please stop reading and explain again the exacly outlook of
the scene graph you have. otherwise have a look into the osgFXbrowser
example. if you are using
(x) this would enable the osgFX for all object under osgFX ??? (childrens)
not for Group, GroupX

regard adrian