Ok, i c.

It looks good, but i don't understand why it doesn't work for case (2). Do
you attach shaders? I don't believe that the stateset would change any
thing. you can may try to attach a similar stateset.
But as far as i understand the osgFX concept, and OSG it should not change.
Well the scenegraphs look good. could you store case 1 and case 2 into osg
files. ?

adrian