Bob Youmans wrote:

Hi, what’s the preferred way to tell which version an osg55-osg.dll is build from, say 2.8.0 vs 2.8.1. Is there no versioning resource in the dll (e.g., Windows resource)? Is there an easy way to tell which version osg55-osg.dll is?

55 is the shared object version (SOVERSION) from the 2.8 releases (they're all binary compatible. My understanding is that the number is only bumped when binary compatibility is broken, so OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2-rc4 has the same SOVERSION as 2.8.0, but the current SOVERSION in the svn trunk is 61.

I don't believe there are any resources embedded into the DLLs at all.

--"J"