Bob Youmans wrote:
Hi,

but what if i have a team of developers and they're not working on osg components, and i ask them to get these new binaries (i build them, they don't). Then later, there's no better way to tell what versions they have than looking at the date/time and/or file sizes (they're not sure if they did it or not)? can't we have better version control than that? i realize i'm on a particular platform (win32). is there no in-file versioning possible?
can there be an osg version function to return a string or a version object
stating the version (2.8.0 vs 2.8.1) so we can unequivocally know what version
someone is running and display it in Help, About, or some other startup info?

You can call osgGetVersion().  Look at include/osg/Version for reference.

--"J"