Well this was faster than I hoped, but maybe someone can cure my confusion  :-*
I have successfully updated the arTransform Matrix now.
So when I move the marker to the left, the model moves to the left (although in
the video the marker moves to the right and vice versa).
That works now, the problem is, when I rotate the marker, the model doesn't
rotate with it. And when I move the webcam, the model moves off of the marker
(which it didn't do before I updated the matrix).
I assume I do not quite understand the different coordinate systems, and that I
somehow must convert one system in the other, with some kind of transformation,
but I am not entirely sure how or what systems there are. Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated,
David