From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Poirier,
Guillaume
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:18 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] MatrixTransform and particle system

I am trying to apply a transform to a particle system like this:

_transform = new osg::MatrixTransform;
_transform->setMatrix(osg::Matrix::rotate(fromDir, toDir));
_geode = new osg::Geode;
_geode->addDrawable(particleSystem.get());
_transform->addChild(_geode.get());
addChild(_transform.get());

Unfortunately adding the transform does not transform my particles... However
if I add another geode like this before the previous code:

osg::ref_ptr<osg::Geode> pDummy = new osg::Geode;
pDummy->addDrawable(particleSystem.get());
addChild(pDummy.get());

Then I have one set of transformed particles and one set of untransformed ones.
Probably I am missing something simple here ? Anyone has a suggestion ?

cheers !

bill