Ragnar Hammarqvist wrote:
Jason,

It's correct, the OpenEXR plug down casts all images to the half float format.
The reason for only supporting this format was that the OpenEXR project had two
separate Interfaces for loading Images, one really complicated and one straight
forward. The problem with the straight forward one was that it only supported
16 bit floating points. I never had the time to implement a wrapper around the
other Interface.

So this it is not a limitation in OpenExr.

Hi, Ragnar,

I wasn't trying to point any fingers, but thanks for the clarification  :-)

--"J"