Hello Tian,

   Was it those that you deleted? Yes, I just delet thems, because I found that these two
"inline " functions had not been used in anywhere. And now my project just goes right,
the same with the "oceanExample".

Sorry I didn't pick up on this thread... I'm pretty darn busy so I just glance over threads that I don't immediately have an answer for, but looking at the OceanScene header in the osgOcean-1.0 tag, lines 213 and 223, it was immediately obvious what the problem was. You do not need to delete them. Just rename the variables called "near" and "far" to something else, like this for example:

        /** Set near DOF blur distance.
          * Updates the uniform is DOF state is valid.
          */
        inline void setDOFNear( float zNear ) {
            _dofNear = zNear;

            if( _dofStateSet.valid() )

_dofStateSet->getUniform("osgOcean_DOF_Near")->set(_dofNear);
        }

        /** Set far DOF blur distance
          * Updates the uniform is DOF state is valid.
          */
        inline void setDOFFar(float zFar ) {
            _dofFar = zFar;

            if( _dofStateSet.valid() )

_dofStateSet->getUniform("osgOcean_DOF_Far")->set(_dofNear);
        }

Just for general reference, the problem was that on Windows compilers (and previously DOS), "near" and "far" were once keywords used to refer to memory inside the first 64k page, and outside, respectively (back when you needed to address them differently, which is a long time ago). Nowadays it's pretty obsolete, but some compilers on PC still carry that legacy. And I get bitten by it every time I do OpenGL or raytracing code that needs to have a frustum, with near and far planes :-)

And it doesn't matter that these methods are not used in osgOcean or the oceanExample themselves, they're still useful methods to have in order to be able to tweak osgOcean's rendering.

    Sorry , I did not know the meaning of  "the trunk update" clearly.

Kim meant checking out from

  http://osgocean.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

instead of

  http://osgocean.googlecode.com/svn/tags/osgOcean-1.0/

The 1.0 tag is pretty old now, people should not check out using it anymore... Kim, is it possible to make changes on the googlecode site so that it doesn't show up by default when people click on the "source" tab? The default checkout should be from the trunk now. And the trunk has the above fix already, btw.

Hope this helps,

J-S