Ted,

I downloaded the osg precompiled package you are using
(openscenegraph-all-2.8.2-win32-x86-vc90-Release.zip),
and I checked that indeed, the osgdb_ive.dll depends on a zlib1.dll that was
compiled with VS 2005 SP1 (which is weird). I presume it is also the case of
libpng, curl and tiff.

So, to move on, you have to recompile osg from the sources using the vc90
dependencies, or install the VC++ 2005 redistribuable packages (there are
two if my memory serves me right ), I think you didn't install the 2005 *SP1
* redistribuable package
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en)
.

Regards,