Hi,

Paul,

I tried your code, then prerender.cpp, then parts of shadowMap.cpp of
osgParticle.  All failed, (seg fault when images were not attached to textures,
and render fail when texture were not have dimentions of power of two), so
there had to have been something wrong with the framework I was executing the
code under.

some investigation found:

Code:

for( unsigned int i=0; i < texture.getNumImages(); ++i){
texture.getImage(i)->ensureValidSizeForTexturing( 134217728 );
}

which was forcing power of two dimensions on textures.  Interesting though was
that it was causing seg faults for texture which did not include images.   I
will be looking into this some more.

thank you for your help

Thank you!

Cheers,