Have you looked at transform nodes other than MatrixTransform? Either osgSim::DOFTransform or osg::PositionAttitudeTransform lets you set a "pivot point". I've seen this in the code but never used it. But it sounds like it would make it easier for you to compose the transformation that you need.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
_http://www.skew-matrix.com_ <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466

Oren Fromberg wrote:
Hello everyone! Here is my question:

I have a model of a sea faring vessel that has little gadgets on it like
radars, turrets, propellors, etc. these gadgets are fully contained in separate
named Geodes. That means that the geometry in the geode is specified relative
to the origin of the ship and not the point where the gadget is located. what
is the best way to make these things transform (mainly rotate)?

I was thinking I could parent the gadget Geode with a MatrixTransform node to
create some kind of local coordinate system for the geometry of the gadget but
then the geometry itself would have to be respecified relative to this
geometry. can I somehow put a static transform between the MatrixTransform and
the Geode in order to offset the positions of all the vertices so that the
point that the gadget transforms around becomes the location of the
MatrixTransform?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D