Hi Andrea,

If I compile my application in Release build and launch it through VS2008 with the
"Start Debugging" (Ctrl-F5) command, the performance is good and close to what
I was expecting:

If instead I launch the same application with the "Start without Debugging"
(F5) command, the performance DROPS dramatically:

In my case, Start Debugging is F5 and Start without Debugging is Ctrl-F5 (and these are the default key assignments). So could it be that you're mixing the two? Or is it just that you've customized the keyboard shortcuts?

It should definitely be faster without debugging, and we've seen this in our apps. When both are Release builds, we don't see that dramatic a difference between the two though. But between Debug and Release builds the difference is large (and that's to be expected).

J-S