Hi Bruce,

Le 26 févr. 10 à 17:43, Bruce Wheaton a écrit :

I've played with various tools on OS X, and the best I've found is SmartGIT, which is free for non-commercial use (and Java, so multi platform). I like it for this sort of thing since it also has some helper functions for users of projects like this.

Speaking of which, here's my 2c. Git is designed to address the exact problems discussed in this thread - it allows contributors to safely develop parallel branches and 'grown-ups' to merge selected branches with the main branch, and it has great support for tags and full releases, *but* it's way harder for the dabbler to work on some features but try to keep up to date with an ongoing flow of many changes. For instance, if I were working on ImageStreams, and had occasional small fixes, but also wanted to keep up to date with the 'head' branch, I'd expect to have a lot of merge problems when I update - I do have with another project that has moved to Git.

I'm confused. DCVS tools should ease this process (or at least they all claim it loud). It would be grand if you could be more precise in your description of the process. Because it looks like this could be a show stopper...

Regards,

Mathieu