Hi JP,

thanks for you hint. I tried to code from the linked thread. Unfortunately it
does not really work very well. To get you updated:
I have 2 cameras, one is the original viewer cam and the other is a pbuffer
one.
My scenegraph has two nodes:
root
  -> scene
  -> RRT Camera -> scene2
I have an image connected to the RRT camera. In the main scene I have an
overlay showing the image on a texture.

I get two problems:
1) using viewer.setCamera(); alternatingly causes:
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'out of memory' after RenderBin::draw(,)
RenderStage::drawInner(,) FBO status= 0x8cd5
Maybe this is because setcamera creates a new Renderer every time?

2) When the scene for the pBuffer frames contains only the RRT camera then I
see that there seems to be no rendering because the image is not updated and i
tried a callback of the RRT camera with the printf that did not show anything.

How difficult would it be to overload the osgviewer and implement a custom
rendering of my RRT camera(s) off screen. Any Hints?

Best regards and many thanks!
        Georg