Maybe the DOM 2.2 binaries could go into the 3rdparty folder or repository?
 that way the plugin becomes 'out of the box' like png and freetype
or do we want a limited set of 3rdparty binaries?

About the 2.8.3 release:
I recently updated sources to use the new manipulators in 2.9.7 .
Is there a stable release to be expected that include these (nice!)
improvements?

I wouldn't mind these changes in 2.8.3 but other users of the old
manipulator code
will have to change some code.

Groetjes,

René