David Glenn wrote:
I also went by the Microsoft booth and saw a Touch Panel that was designed for Windows 7 that was fun to play with. I talked to the maker about interfacing it to an OSG app. He said it was a neat idea, but I would have problems using Linux due to fact (what he claims) is that only Windows 7 can do up to 8 touch events at the same time - Linux, XP and Vista can only handle one. As he explained it: It's like tracking up to 8 mouse cursors all at the same time. Anyway, it would be cool if we could use it in some kind of Minority Report type display using OSG.

I've read that X.org 7.5 supports MPX, the multi-pointer extension (though I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know how good/stable it is). The MS guy might be correct for now, but he won't be for long.

--"J"