On Jun 23, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Bunfield, Dennis AMRDEC/AEgis wrote:

> For Nvidia cards there is a built in 2 frames of latency.  So even after
> your sync you won't see the image you updated come out the DVI until 2
> render frames later.

Where does this information come from Dennis? Where is this delay happening? I
doubt it's triple buffering, since the extra memory would have to be accounted
for, and it makes tearing mostly impossible (as on the Mac).

So you believe the Gl command queue is buffered/delayed somewhere? Doesn't that
have huge implications for things like glGet, making them impossible to use
without at least halving the frame rate?

Bruce