Hi JS, Rob

I understand what you meant by having either the manipulator or the update
callback.

The NodeTrackerManipulator worked perfectly. It gives me the exact behavior I
wanted except for the fact that its default orientation is a side on view to my
model node. I can rotate that with my mouse and change the view to my
preference.

But I would like to have the scene display with that view itself. I din't find
any function in the source that allowed me to change rotation of the
manipulator as the function

Code:
void computeNodeCenterAndRotation(osg::Vec3d& center, osg::Quat& rotation)
const;

is protected but it looks like it could do the trick for me.

It is referenced in the public function

Code:
osg::Matrixd NodeTrackerManipulator::getMatrix()

While I have used quat to set and change rotation in my code, I haven't used
Matrixd. So I was hoping to know how I can get around this ?

Thanks.

Sanat