Hello Sanat,

The NodeTrackerManipulator worked perfectly. It gives me the exact behavior I
wanted except for the fact that its default orientation is a side on view to my
model node. I can rotate that with my mouse and change the view to my
preference.

But I would like to have the scene display with that view itself. I din't find
any function in the source that allowed me to change rotation of the
manipulator as the function

To set the initial position/orientation of a CameraManipulator you use setHomePosition() (defined in osgGA::MatrixManipulator which osgGA::NodeTrackerManipulator inherits). You could also use setByMatrix()/setByInverseMatrix() but some manipulators used to have empty implementations for these (I don't know which have changed now, but for these historic reasons I don't generally use them).

Hope this helps,

J-S