Hi Markus,

I'm using osg 2.9.8 and trying to do intersection tests in a thread. The code
is real straightforwards and works well when not threaded:

[...]

Is this a known issue?

Err, you say what you want to do, that it works when not threaded, but not what happens when you try to do it in a thread. Do you get crashes? Do you get error messages? Do you get erroneous results?

Without this info it's hard to help you out...

I don't see why it wouldn't work /a priori/, unless your thread is running while some other part of your app is modifying the scene graph. That might invalidate iterators that the IntersectionVisitor is using or things like that, which might lead to crashes.

J-S