Dear OSG community,

As you may know, VT MÄK is the vendor of the VR-Vantage visualization
product line, which is based on OSG.  We would like to invite you, the
members of the OSG community, to participate in a visualization innovation
contest that we are sponsoring.  We are offering cash prizes of up to $1,500
for the winners!

http://www.mak.com/vrvcontest/

All you have to do is build something that demo’s well! It could be code
that you’ve written or a 3rd party nodekit that you’ve integrated, or a cool
terrain and scenario… Just build a cool demo using VR-Vantage and you could
win!

In order to be eligible, your demo must run within the VR-Vantage framework
that we've built on top of OSG.  We will provide free temporary runtime and
developer licenses of VR-Vantage to those who intend to participate in the
contest, along with some basic support to help you understand how to fit
your OSG-based code, models or simulation in.

Entries must be submitted by Oct 31st, 2010 (before 11:59pm).  Winners will
be announced to the OSG mailing list (and at the IITSEC Tradeshow) on Nov
29th, 2010.

Here are the details:

1) By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to allow MAK and our sales
distributors to use and promote your work - to show it at tradeshows,
reference it on our web site, capture and show video and screenshots, etc.  The
idea is that we want to be able to demonstrate what's possible using
VR-Vantage, and in particular demonstrate that OSG-based code can be easily
incorporated into VR-Vantage-based applications.

2) All you need to provide is an executable, plug-in (source code is
optional but preferred) or configuration files (with instructions).
VR-Vantage runs on both Windows and Linux platforms.  Obviously, you also
need to include any data that is required for us to run your demo.

3) The contest will be judged by a panel of simulation experts.  Entries
will be judged based on creativity, visual quality, and on how well they
meet our goal of demonstrating what's possible in a VR-Vantage-based
application.

4) If there are three or more entries that we decide are compelling enough
to use in our marketing efforts, we will pay three prizes:

Winner:        $1,500 (USD)

2nd place:     $1,000

3rd place:     $500

The first place winner will also receive a permanent VR-Vantage developer’s
license.

5) If we do use your work, we will always give proper attribution.  We don't
want to take credit for your work!

6) Please make sure that you are only submitting work that you own, or that
you have the legal right to distribute.

If you want to participate, please visit http://www.mak.com/vrvcontest/ for
download links and entry submission instructions.

For official rules, see http://www.mak.com/vrvcontest/contest-rules.php

Good luck!

Brett Wiesner

Product Manager, Visualize Products

VT MAK

www.mak.com

======

The VR-Vantage product line includes:

- VR-Vantage Stealth - an OSG-based battlefield visualization tool

- VR-Vantage IG - a CIGI-compliant, commercial, OSG-based IG

- VR-Vantage XR - provides a combined 2D/3D Common Operating Picture

- VR-Vantage Toolkit - a powerful application-level SDK built on top of OSG,
that includes built-in distributed rendering, game-like navigation
interface, a Qt-based GUI framework, DI-Guy Human Characters, SpeedTree
vegetation, GL-Studio HUDs and cockpit displays, SilverLining atmosphere and
volumetric clouds, streaming terrain through osgEarth, built-in DIS/HLA
networking, and a rich set of high-quality 3D visual models from companies
like Simthetiq and RealDB.

For more information about VR-Vantage, please see www.vr-vantage.com.

======