From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Wang Rui
Sent: mardi 17 août 2010 16:25
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osg::Particle problem

Hi Fabien,

Today's osgParticle already uses GLBeginEndAdapter for rendering particles,
which is actually glDrawArray() at its low-level implementation. I wonder if
this is not too inefficient comparing with the use of osg::Geometry. Of course,
making use of shaders will be much better on modern graphics devices.

To develop new features for osgParticle, I mainly refer to a good open-source
project by David McAllister (http://www.particlesystems.org/). Any other ideas
and usable source code are welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

Wang Rui