Hi Robert,

thanks for your excellent support here on the list.
You explaned the event input system very clearly and I enjoy getting a better
overview on osg.
Can you please give a compareable short explanation on how frame() calls are
generated and what happens inside then?
The background of my question is the behaviour and the experience I got with
Qt Adapterwidget. There we have a timer calling frame() every xx msec.
On many systems this drives CPU activity to almost 100% - even if nothing
happenes and nothing changed in the scene.
My workaround is having a flag indicating if some event was sent to the event
queue or if some changes in the scene have been made. This flag is polled by
the timer and frame() is only called when necessary. It works quite well but I
have to care about the right setting at many places in my source code.

Do you see a better way? Why is there so much computation in frame() when
nothing changed?

Thanks again for any help.

- Werner -