Agreed...

The terrain is only as accurate as the original source data.

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of David Glenn
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 12:30 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How do I get the most accurate heightfield readingout
of an OsgTerrain paged database

Greetings!

A Word of Caution: that no matter how accurate the HAT is that the reading may
be only as accurate as the Terrain used. In my experience making and using
terrain, I have found that even some of these high priced terrain builders have
their flaws compounded by the fact that most data in the public realm has only
a certain level of accuracy. So you’re only going to get a certain level of
confidence in relation to the real world figures or even some other forms of
map data I have used.

Terrain can be such a fickle beast!

D Glenn

D Glenn (a.k.a David Glenn) - Join the Navy and See the World ... from your
Desk!