Robert,

Some more data...

Looks like we're drawing approx 100K tri-strips every frame.  The
glDrawElements call is the culprit...though I'm still baffled by why
it is so much slower with VBOs than in immediate mode.  Perhaps the
drawing isn't sorted by VBO so that all of the triangles drawn from
each VBO are draw in single bind call ?

sean
Sean Spicer
Aqumin (www.aqumin.com)