From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of deniz
diktas
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:10 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] [vpb] geographic to geocentric
coordinatetransformation

Hi Shayne,

thank you for your reply.
but the problem I am facing is related to the transformation.
But I will keep your suggestion in mind when placing the camera, so thanks
again :)

The input to the application will be a flight-path given as a list of
consecutive points in geographic coordinates which have to be transformed to
geocentric coordinates (I also have orientation information of the airplane)
but somehow the ellipsoid model fails to do it appropriately. I found
another tool that transforms the coordinates correctly and I could see the
terrain: so the problem seems to be solved for now.

But I cannot see how & why osgdem transforms it correctly but the ellipsoid
model fails to do it. So I still would be glad if someone could tell me what
the problem is..

deniz