Hello Thomas,

I'll keep you up dated

Thanks. One thing I just remembered, I don't know if you'll be using the Eclipse-based toolchain that Android provides, but I found sometimes when I changed the jni lib (and recompiled it from the command line) the Eclipse plugin wouldn't pick up on it being new, and when running or starting a debug session, it would just re-use the old app instead of uploading a new app with my changes to the device. So I found the most reliable way to make sure it was always using the most recent code (both java and jni) was to do Project - Clean with the "Start a build immediately" checkbox checked. That made sure everything was up to date, and then I could run or debug.

Also this page may help:

http://blog.sephiroth.it/2010/12/14/how-to-debug-native-code-with-android/

It has some instructions on how to debug native code on the Android device (you can debug the Java layer just fine in Eclipse, but debugging the native code is a bit harder). That's what I was trying when I had to move on to other things, to find out why it was crashing...

Hope this helps,

J-S