GeeKer Wang writes:

> I tried without optimzation: let CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE be empty.
>
> It works even worse. And I don't know why the RPM version doesn't
> comflict with compiz on my computer while the compiled version does.

Ok, I couldn't find the build logs for 2.8.3-3.fc14 but found instead
the ones belonging to 2.8.3-6.fc14. I don't know if you are in i686 or
x86_64, I'll let you choose the correct build log:

Reading the i686 log, for example, shows that I was misleaded with
respect to the compilation flags. They don't specify any in the spec file
because they set them as environment variables that CMake takes at
runtime. An they are very specific, indeed :)

CXXFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables'

The other thing I'd check is if you are obtaining the same atomic
operation kind as them. Check if the following paragraph extracted from
the log matches yours:

-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
-- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS - Success

I'm beginning to think that -march=i686 is the key if you are on i686.

--
Alberto