My system is i686, and I found there is no -march=i686 by default.

I found this in CMakeCache.txt
   CMakeCache.txt://Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
   CMakeCache.txt:_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS:INTERNAL=1

CMakeCache.txt:_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS_COMPILED:INTERNAL=TRUE
   CMakeCache.txt:_OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS_EXITCODE:INTERNAL=0
Is there a problem?

I'll add CXXFLAGS as you mentioned and compile again.

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Alberto Luaces <alua...@udc.es> wrote:

> GeeKer Wang writes:
>
> > I tried without optimzation: let CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE be empty.
> >
> > It works even worse. And I don't know why the RPM version doesn't
> > comflict with compiz on my computer while the compiled version does.
>
> Ok, I couldn't find the build logs for 2.8.3-3.fc14 but found instead
> the ones belonging to 2.8.3-6.fc14. I don't know if you are in i686 or
> x86_64, I'll let you choose the correct build log:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=209310
>
> Reading the i686 log, for example, shows that I was misleaded with
> respect to the compilation flags. They don't specify any in the spec file
> because they set them as environment variables that CMake takes at
> runtime. An they are very specific, indeed :)
>
> CXXFLAGS='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
> -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom
> -fasynchronous-unwind-tables'
>
> The other thing I'd check is if you are obtaining the same atomic
> operation kind as them. Check if the following paragraph extracted from
> the log matches yours:
>
> -- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS
> -- Performing Test _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_GCC_BUILTINS - Success
>
> I'm beginning to think that -march=i686 is the key if you are on i686.
>
> --
> Alberto

Bob