Hi Jean

I had previously tried to figure out the difference.

All the plugin .dlls start with osgdb_

My mingw build has libosg.dll instead of the my earlier build with VS10
osgdb_osg.dll
and similar for many of the other .dlls

It is just the recent builds that have the osg71-xxx.dll and no xxx.dll
except jpeg62.dll which I pasted in.
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=7840

I don't know why there are 3 threads when there should be just 1.

The reason I was concerned is I have spent a considerable amount of
time trying different things and trying to figure out what went wrong.
The difference in the bin contents was obvious but was not the cause
of the problems when they were found.

So I asked if the format was changed or if it was an error on my end.

I still have much to learn, thanks for the patience.

Neil